UC Davis Nutrition Department I.T.
Configuring your iPhone to send & receive UCD email via IMAP
NOTE: These instructions are meant for users whose email is hosted on central campus servers (Cyrus).
They will not work for DavisMail users.
1. On the Home screen, tap Settings.
2. Tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
3. Tap “Add Account.”
4. Tap Other.
5. Tap “Add Mail Account.”
UCD email address
name as you would like it to appear on outgoing emails
6. Enter information as shown below:
7. Tap Save.
8. Tap IMAP (if not already selected).
9. Enter incoming and outgoing mail server information as shown below:
10. Tap Save.
11. In the Accounts list, tap the account you just created.
Enter “mail.ucdavis.edu” (without quotes)
UCD login ID
Enter “smtp.ucdavis.edu” (without quotes)
UCD login ID
12. Tap Advanced.
13. Select the folders you would like to use for the Drafts, Sent, and Deleted mailboxes. By default,
all of these mailboxes are stored locally on the iPhone. However, you may, for example, store
the messages you send from the iPhone in the outbox folder on the server by tapping Sent
Mailbox and then tapping outbox, as shown below:
14. By default, iPhone permanently removes deleted messages after 1 week. If you would like to
change this, tap Remove and then tap the desired removal schedule.