C e d a r Valley RC&D
M i s s i o n
To provide leadership and technical services that acceler-
ate the development, conservation, and wise use of
human, financial, and natural resources in order to
enhance the quality of life for the residents in the RC&D
a r e a .
S e rves Bremer, Black Hawk, Butler, Chickas a w, Floyd, Gru n d y, and
M i t c h e ll Counties
Focus A re a s
• Water Quality: Improve ground and surface water
quality through a more diversified ag economy.
• Tourism and Recreation: Improve tourism and recre-
ation opportunities on a regional basis.
• Community Improvement: Increase and improve rural
community services and facilities to enhance the qual-
ity of life for residents.
• Economic Development: Increase natural resource
based business start-ups or expansion to provide local
Authorized in 2001
Wa t e r Q u a l i t y
Cedar Valley RC&D provides technical assistance to
local SWCDs, local city and county governments
and local citizens on watershed projects to improve
and protect the water quality of rivers and streams in
the RC&D area.
RC&D activities focus on coordinating efforts to
develop watershed plans. These plans identify local
and state priorities, watershed needs, and potential
funding sources to address those needs. The RC&D
then assists local groups to implement their water
• Little Cedar watershed inventory, plan and funding
r e q u e s t s .
• F r e d e r i c k s b u rg flood prevention plan.
• Conservation Security Program landowner educa-
tion and implementation programs.
• Dry Run Creek urban water quality project.
• Multi-county service area project to assist small
towns and unincorporated areas on drinking and
waste water issues.
Cedar Valley RC&D
619 Beck Street
Charles City, Iowa 50616
Tourism & Outdoor R e c re a t i o n
The RC&D is working with groups to promote and
increase recreation activities in the seven-county