Driver Improvement Instructor’s Certificate Application
1. Complete, in entirety, the application and all attachments. Do not leave any questions or
sections blank. A Notary Public must notarize this application.
2. Attach one (1) photograph showing a full view of the face, neck, shoulders, and uncovered
head. The photograph must be taken within thirty (30) days of filing this application.
3. Fingerprint Cards, Affidavit and $26.00 Fee – See attached pages 5 and 6.
4. Proof of high school diploma, GED equivalent or college transcript.
5. A $100.00 application fee in the form of a money order, certified check, or cashier’s check
made payable to Georgia Department of Driver Services must be included.
6. Complete the Consent for Background Investigation Form and have it notarized.
7. Attach a copy of your Instructor’s Certificate from one of the five approved curriculums
(National Safety Counsel, G.A.R.D.E., USA/Georgia, A.S.C., or D.E.O.G.). Certificates of
Completion from a defensive driving course will not be accepted. For additional
• National Safety Council (NSC) – (770) 457-5100 Extension 17
• Georgia Association for Risk Reduction and Defensive Driver Education (G.A.R.D.E) –
• USA Training, Inc. (USA/Georgia) – (850) 566-3223
• Driving Educators Of Georgia - (770) 919-8019
• American Safety Council (A.S.C.) – 407-539-0163
STATE OF GEORGIA
DEPARTMENT OF DRIVER SERVICES
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE DIVISION
2206 EAST VIEW PARKWAY - P.O. BOX 80447
CONYERS, GA 30013
APPLICATION FOR DRIVER IMPROVEMENT INSTRUCTOR’S CERTIFICATE
Resident Address ______________________________________________________
(Street - No P.O. Boxes)
Mailing Address ______________