THIRD AMENDMENT TO LEASE
This lease amendment, made and entered into as of the 5th day of February 1997, by and between Shelterpoint
Equities, Ltd., Lessor, and Redwood Trust, Inc. a Maryland Corporation, Lessee.
WHEREAS Lessee is currently occupying space, commonly referred to as Suite 3100, pursuant to that lease
between Lessor and Lessee dated October 12, 1994 and modified February 21, 1995 and April 17, 1996, and
WHEREAS Lessor and Lessee desire to amend the lease to provide for the addition of Suite 3180 in
accordance with the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth (the Third Amendment to Lease);
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants contained herein, as well as other valuable
consideration, it is hereby agreed as follows:
1. The effective date of this modification is April 1, 1997.
2. The rentable square footage shall be increased to approximately 6365 square feet and the common area
maintenance percentage shall be increased to 7.53%. The additional footage is depicted as exhibit "A" attached.
Useable square footage is 5492.
3. Upon the effective date of this amendment, the minimum monthly rental shall be increased to $11,673.97. Rent
for Suite 3180 shall be prorated if the space is not turned over to Lessee upon the effective date.
4. This amendment shall not effect the annual cost of living increase date of December 9th of each year. All
increased shall be governed by paragraph 6 (b) of the lease.
5. Estimated monthly expenses for the combined footage shall be increased to $4,264.55 and shall be
administered in accordance with paragraph 6 (c) of the lease. Expenses for Suite 3180 shall be prorated if the
space is not turned over to Lessee upon the effective date.
6. The security deposit shall be increased to $11,673.97 from $7,370.50. The increase of $4,303.47 shall be
paid upon the signing of this amendment.
7. The termination date of May 5, 2001 shall not be effected by this amendment.
8. Lessee shall take space on an