Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.
Dolby B Type Noise Reduction System with Recording/Playback Equalizer
Absolute Maximum Ratings (Ta=25°C)
• Supply voltage
• Operating temperature Topr
–20 to +75
• Storage temperature
Tstg –65 to +150
• Allowable power dissipation
• Supply voltage
6.5 to 10.0
The CXA1897Q is an analog signal processing IC
for tape recorders. It achieves whole processing
operations for the recording and playback systems
which include the Dolby B noise reduction function
on a single chip. This IC supports 2 channels at
• Dolby B noise reduction supports 1.7 times normal
• Recording/playback equalizer amplifier supports
1.7 times normal speed.
• Built-in comparator for AMS (automatic music
• Built-in AGC (automatic gain control) with amplifier
for MPX filter.
• Playback equalizer outputs independently for
DECK-A and DECK-B.
• Externally adjustable recording equalizer Gp and
• Built-in Recording mute function.
• Double cassette dubbing system can be easily
configured just with this IC.
All analog signal processing in cassette deck parts
of tape recorders and compact music centers
(Sankyo Seiki mfg. Co., Ltd. YK47R-KF202 or
equivalent which has the same head type.)
Bipolar silicon monolithic IC
48 pin QFP (Plastic)
∗ These ICs are available only to the licensees of Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation from whom licensing and applications
information may be obtained.
∗ "Dolby" and the double D symbols are trade marks of Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation.