In the Circuit Court ofthe
Ninth Judicial Circui~ in and for
Orange County, Florida
STATE OF FLORIDA
Case No.: 482008-CF-0015606-0
CASEY MARIE ANTHONY,
~. ;....,. ...
,-..j" •• ~J
.:.., :-- ~~~
~ :-:: ::!
:'1()~ Ql'- ;;
Al\mNDED MOTION FOR JUSTICE ADMINISTRATION COI\1MISSl(lN (.11\6.
HEARING AND MOTION FOR APPROVAL OF OUT OF STAm MmGATtoN
SPECIALIST AND EXPERT WITNESSES
COMES NOW. the Defendant, CASEY MARIE ANTHONY. by and tbrough
undersi.gned counsel hereby moves this Honorable Court to allow the Defense to proceed in the
above encaptioned manner with an out of State Mitigation Specialist, Investigator and Expert
witnesses and in support thereof states the following:
1. 	 The Defense is respectfully requesting that this Honorable Court allow the Defense to
continue with its current Mitigation Specialist Ms. Jeanene Banett.
2. 	 Ms. Barrett is willing to accept the cur:rent rates as set forth by the Justjce Adniinistration
3. 	 It is in the interest ofthe State ofFlocida to retain Jeanene Barrett as the mitigation
investigator on this case because she has already put in hundreds ofhours on tbis case,
.and replacing her at this time would require starting over at a substantial cost to the State
and the Defendant.
4. 	 Ms. Barrett is very qualified to do this work. She received a Bachelor of Science in
Criminal Justice from Southern llIinois University (1996)1 a Master ofSclence in Human
Services Administration from Spertus College (1998), and aMaster ofArts in Sodal
Work from the University ofChicago (2008). She has worked for twelve years within
the State ofIllinois child welfare system where she held progressively responsible
5. 	 Also, replacing Ms. Barrett at this point would put :Miss Anthony at a severe
disadvantage, since relations