$20,000 August 12, 1999
FOR VALUE RECEIVED, James J. Commendatore ("Employee"), an employee of SSE Telecom, Inc.
("Company"), hereby unconditionally promises to pay to the order of Company, in lawful money of the United
States of America and in immediately available funds, the principal sum of Twenty Thousand Dollars ($20,000)
(the "Loan") due and payable on the date and in the manner set forth below.
1. Intent. It is the intent of the parties that the purpose of this Note is not for consumer, family or household
2. Purchase of Shares. Employee agrees, within 25 days of the date hereof, to use the Loan proceeds to
purchase shares of the Company's stock (the "Shares") and to present to the Company evidence reasonably
satisfactory to the Company that the foregoing purchase has been made. Employee further agrees that Employee
will not sell or otherwise transfer the Shares at any time from the date Employee purchases the Shares until
August 31, 2001.
3. Principal Repayment. The outstanding principal amount of the Loan shall be due and payable on the earlier of
the following (the "Maturity Date"):
(a) August 31, 2003;
(b) Or, at the sole option of the Company, after August 31, 2001 on the date on which the closing price of a
Share as reported by NASDEQ has been equal to or greater than $5 per Share for a period of thirty consecutive
4. Interest Rate Upon Acceleration. Any principal payment on the Loan hereunder not paid when due, whether at
stated maturity, by acceleration or otherwise, shall bear interest at eight percent (8%) per annum.
5. Place of Payment; Prepayment. All amounts payable hereunder shall be payable at the office of Company
unless another place of payment shall be specified in writing by Company. This is a full recourse loan.
Prepayment is permitted.
6. Application of Payments. Payment on this Note shall be applied first to accrued interest, if any, and thereafter
to the outstanding principal bala