Service Repair Manual
322C FM EXCAVATOR
Model: 322C FM EXCAVATOR CBY
Configuration: 322C FOREST SWING MACHINES CBY00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3126 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
322C Forest Machine Machine Systems
Media Number -RENR3628-03
Publication Date -01/03/2007
Date Updated -30/03/2007
Main Hydraulic Pump and Pump Drive Coupling - Install
SMCS - 5070-012-MV; 5234-012-MV
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during
performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair
of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers
before opening any compartment or disassembling any component
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Caterpillar Tools and Shop
Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain
fluids on Caterpillar products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
322C FOREST SWING MACHINES CBY00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3...
1. Install alignment pins (40) in coupling assembly (37) .
2. Install inserts (38) and socket head bolts (39) in coupling assembly (37) .
3. Tighten socket head bolts (39) to a torque of 220 ± 10 N·m (162 ± 7 lb ft).
Note: Make sure that the splined shaft of the main hydraulic pump is clean. Apply 5P-0960
Molybdenum Grease on the splined shaft.
4. Install coupling assembly (37) on the splined shaft of main hydraulic pump (31) .
5. Install the coupling assembly until the coupling assembly is even with the end of the splined
shaft. If necessary, use a soft faced hammer to locate the coupling assembly on the splined