Fort Worth Independent School District
Assistant Superintendent for Advanced and Accelerated Learning
#600 Curriculum & Instruction
12616 - 1
The Assistant Superintendent will work with the Chief Academic Officer and Chief of Schools to design and
implement a major new department which will encompass the services of the Advanced Academics Department,
Gold Seal Programs of Choice, Secondary Redesign, Innovative School Development, Career and Technical
Education, and Instructional Resource Management. This position will report directly to the Chief Academic
Officer and collaborate with the Chief of School Leadership in the development phase of FWISD’s Gold Seal
Programs of Choice in conjunction with the design and opening of new and innovative schools to ensure program
coherence among relevant departments and divisions. The Assistant Superintendent will also direct and
supervise staff in the development of all curricular support materials and organization of District academic-related
activities such as Academic UIL, Whiz Quiz, and Spelling Bee.
· Serve on the Chief Academic Officer’s Curriculum Cabinet.
· Attend all school board meetings.
· Meet and collaborate on a regular basis with the Chief Academic Officer and the Chief of Schools and serve as
a senior member of their joint cabinet.
· Develop an Advanced Academics program, PK-12, which equitably represents all demographic populations of
the FWISD and ensures increasing percentages of students obtaining advanced academic recognitions.
· Direct and supervise the staff charged with implementing FWISD’s Gold Seal Programs of Choice initiative.
· Design and ensure the implementation of professional development targeted at improving teacher capacity to
meet the needs of advanced and gifted students.
· Ensure equitable enrollment of students in advanced and honors level courses as well as the Recommended
and Distinguished Achievement graduation plans.