Service Repair Manual
Model: 320D LN EXCAVATOR PCX
Configuration: 320D L & 320D LN Excavators PCX00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C6.4 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
320D Excavator Machine Systems
Media Number -RENR8614-14
Publication Date -01/05/2013
Date Updated -19/07/2017
Track Carrier Roller - Remove
SMCS - 4154-011
Tool Part Number Part Description Qty
1. Start the engine. Park the machine on a hard, level surface. Shut off the engine.
Personal injury or death can result from grease and oil coming out of
the relief valve.
Grease and oil are under high pressure coming out of the relief valve
and can penetrate the body.
Do not watch the relief valve to see if grease is escaping. Watch the track
or track adjustment cylinder to see if the track is being loosened.
Make sure the vent holes are clean before the tension is released on the
2. Release the tension on the track.
3. Loosen relief valve (1) by one turn only. If the track does not loosen after opening the relief
valve, move the machine forward and backward until the tension is released.
4. Loosen bolt (2) that holds track carrier roller (3) to the mounting bracket on the
5. Position Tooling (A) and suitable cribbing under the track assembly, as shown.
6. Use Tooling (A) in order to lift the track assembly off the track carrier roller.
7. Remove track carrier roller (3). The weight of track carrier roller (3) is 17 kg (38 lb).
Reference: Refer to Undercarriage Reconditioning Bulletin, SEBF8568, "Hydraulic Excavator
Roller Disassemble and Assembly Procedures" for the disassemb