INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUMMONS AND PETITION FOR ANNULMENT
(NO MINOR CHILDREN)
This form is intended for use by an individual who wishes to file for annulment. The form is to
be used when the parties do not have children together who are under the age of 18. You can file
for annulment only if at least one of the parties has lived in Dane County for thirty (30) days or if
the parties were married in the State of Wisconsin within one year immediately before filing for
Read and fill out the forms. Type or print neatly. Please review carefully the following
PETITION FOR ANNULMENT
The numbers on the instructions below correspond to the numbers on the form.
In the caption at the top of the first page, print your name on the line labeled “petitioner”. Print
your spouse’s name on the line labeled “respondent”.
1. Print your full name on the line labeled “Petitioner’s name”. Print the other information
2. Print your spouse’s full name on the line labeled “Respondent’s name”. Print the other
3. Fill in the date on which you were married and the county and state where the marriage
4. Circle the option that indicates why you are filing for annulment.
5. Check whether the husband, wife or both parties have resided in Dane County for 30 days
or if you were married in the State of Wisconsin within one year immediately before
filing for annulment.
7. If the wife is pregnant, cross out the word “not”.
8. If one or both of you have previously filed for a legal action affecting this marriage, state
in the space provided who filed, in what county and when (if you know the date).
9. If either of you was previously married, indicate in the space provided which party was
previously married, to whom, and the date the marriage was terminated (if you know the
11. Circle the items that you are requesting the judge to order.
Sign and date the Petition for Annulment where indicated.
In the capt