California Department of Consumer Affairs
Terms of Agreement
A Consumer Guide to
Home Improvement Contracts
1234 Address – Santa Sierra, CA 90000 – License # 12345 (Earthwork and Paving)
CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT (Home Improvement)
This Construction Contract (“Contract”) is entered into by and between
EFG Construction, Inc. (“Contractor”) and ____________________ (“Owner”),
whose residence address is ________________________, and whose project
address is ________________________.
1. DESCRIPTION OF WORK.
2. DESCRIPTION OF MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT.
3. THE CONTRACT PRICE. Owner shall pay Contractor the fi xed sum of
4. PAYMENT SCHEDULE. The Contract Price shall be paid in progress payments, which
do not include fi nance charges of any kind, according to the following schedule:
$__________ upon signing this Contract;
5. START AND COMPLETION OF WORK. The work to be performed under this
6. PERMITS AND TESTS. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, Owner shall
8. PERMISSIBLE DELAYS. Contractor shall be excused from any delay in the completion
9. EXTRA WORK. If Owner or his agents or any public body or inspector directs any
10. RELEASE OF MECHANICS’ LIENS. Upon satisfactory payment being made for any
11. ATTORNEY’S FEES. In the event any arbitration or any action at law or in equity shall be
brought on account of any breach of this Contract, or to enforce or interpret any of the
any award or judgment rendered.
12. CONTRACTORS REQUIRED TO BE LICENSED. Contractors are required by law to
13. COMPLETE AGREEMENT. This Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the
14. OWNER’S RIGHT OF CANCELLATION. Owner may cancel this transaction at any copy
of this Contract.
EFG CONSTRUCTION, INC.
Arnold W. Mason, President
What is a Contract?
A contract is a legal agreement between two or more people. A
written agreement is one