Experior Photonics, Inc.
750 Mitchell Road, Newbury Park, CA 91320
Job Description for Test Engineer (Junior)
Page 1 of 2
File: Job Description – Test Engineer-entry.doc
Title: Test Engineer Fiber Optics (Junior)
Targeted Start Date:
Regular full time.
Roles and Responsibilities
Provides direction for and conducts design verification and qualification tests and ensures compliance to
contractual test requirements through development, validation, and execution of environmental and
mechanical testing of fiber optic components.
• Generate test plans, procedures, and work instructions from customer requirements
• Setup, configure, and operate test setups, fixtures, and instrumentation as required by test plans, test
standards, and customer instructions.
Implement and deploy test fixtures, testing apparatus and machines and verify their appropriateness
• Ensure the accuracy and consistency of data results through thorough documentation processes
• Operate a variety of computer automated and manual test equipment including fiber optic data
acquisition systems, environmental chambers, vibration systems, and assorted measurement
• Contracting, scheduling, and supervising tests with sub-contracting facilities
• Sourcing, obtaining quotations, and selecting required lab supplies and materials to build test fixtures
to conduct tests
• Design test fixtures as required per customer requirements, test plan, and test standards
• Validate test methods
Requirements (Special Knowledge, Education, Ability and Skills)
• Bachelors Degree in an engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, or physics desired)
0 to 2 year of work experience in a relevant field
Familiarity with data acquisition systems, data analysis and processing.
• Knowledge of standard business software products (Microsoft Office, Outlook, CRM, etc.)
• Ability to maintain excellence and accuracy in a dynamic, fast