Annual Belt Buckle Contest
Contest Date: Jan 1st - _______________ (1st Saturday in December)
Fee: $ 20.00
1. Animals must be taken with bow and arrow per fish and game rules
a. Firearms and Crossbows are not allowed
1. CA Only- Elk, Antelope, Bear, Turkey, Hog, Goat, Sheep, Local Buck, Northern Buck
2. For the purpose of this contest a local Buck will be from A-Zone and a Northern buck will be from
any other CA zone
1. All participants must be a member of Salinas Bowmen in good standing
2. Animals are to be scored per CBH/Pope And Young rules
a. Animals may be scored green but skull and antlers must be free of meat and hide.
b. Total gross score without deductions will be used for point totals. Penned animals shall have their
total gross score reduced by half for point total.
3. Animals are to be scored at Jim Cox Adventures (JCA) by a certified CBH measurer.
(JCA is located at 28 D Quail Run Circle, Salinas CA 93907 Telephone (831) 769-0200)
a. Animals harvested at the JCA ranch may be measured there by a certified CBH measurer and need
not be brought to the JCA shop for measuring.
4. A picture of the downed animal with hunter and bow must be mailed or turned into JCA within 60
days of harvest. Failure to turn in a picture within the specified time will disqualify the entry.
a. A downed animal is no more than field dressed
5. Buckle winner will have the animal with the highest gross score. In the event of a tie the winner will
be chosen by a committee selected by and including the Salinas Bowmen 2nd Vice President
6. The Salinas Bowmen Board has the right of refusal of any person in its contests
I have read and agree to follow the above rules:
Print Name: ____________________________
Original: Salinas Bowmen 2nd Vice President Copy