How to Make Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Surely you’ve heard of the cowboy method of making coffee without a maker on hand. Cowboy coffee is a pretty common method when you need a solution. The nice thing is you can make a single cup in a matter of about 5 minutes or less.
Coffee Trends During Covid-19 Pandemic
2020 was not a year to celebrate for most, in fact, it could be considered one of the
worst years we have collectively faced in a while. With lockdowns and social restrictions
still in place in many countries, coffee is a treat to get us through most days - I know it is
Some of us have the luxury of working from home, and with a bit more time on our
hands, experimenting with new recipes and coffee brewing techniques has become a
hobby. Let’s take a look at coffee trends during the pandemic when many of us have to
make do with less.
1. Coffee without a Coffee Maker
It can be difficult to just head to a store and pick up a new machine, but did you know
you can make coffee without a coffee maker? No, we’re not talking about the instant
kind that doesn’t do coffee beans any justice. We are referring to a method that’s
brewed using your stovetop rather than a machine.
1. Rummage around for a small pot or saucepan and
pour in the desired amount of water and heat over
medium-high heat. We would suggest around 5-7
2. Depending on your preference, add an amount of
ground coffee into the water - about 1-2 tablespoons.
3. Wait until the mixture comes to a boil while stirring the
4. Give it about one minute after boiling to release the
5. Remove the pan or pot from the heat and let it cool a
6. When the liquid has reached the temperature you prefer, you can pour it into a
small sieve placed on top of your mug to remove the grounds.
7. Finally, adjust the flavor as you would like by adding sugar, milk, creamer, syrup,
It’s easy and simple to create your own cup of joe without a coffee maker, but if you are
lucky enough to not be in lockdown or under stringent restrictions, there are some very
good coffee makers under 100 that are wallet-friendly during a tough economical time.
2. Coffee Ice Cubes
Coffee ice cubes are a neat hack to preserve the flavor of iced coffee. No one