UNC Asheville Career Center – Student Employment Program
UNC Asheville ♦ 259 Highsmith University Union ♦ One University Heights ♦ CPO #1240 ♦ Asheville, NC 28804
828-251-6515 Phone ♦ 828-251-6871 Fax ♦ www.unca.edu/career ♦ email@example.com
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR ON-CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT
New student employees must establish identity and employment eligibility with acceptable documents determined by the U.S.
Department of Homeland Security. Students are required to report directly to the Human Resources Office on or before your first day
of work to provide the required documentation, complete I-9 paperwork and employment verification, and W-4 federal and NC-4 state
payroll paperwork (228 Phillips Hall). Please note that the I-9 paperwork is active for three years.
FOR U.S. CITIZENS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS:
• Students must complete an I-9 form at UNC Asheville prior to working in a campus position.
Identity and Employment Eligibility documents are required (must be an original document; photocopies and faxes are NOT
In addition, you must present your Social Security Number.
• You may provide one document from List A OR one document from List B AND one document from List C:
List A OR
List B (Must be a photo ID) AND List C
- U. S. Passport (unexpired or expired)
- Permanent Resident Card or Alien
Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551)
- An unexpired foreign passport with a
temporary I-551 stamp
- An unexpired Employment
Authorization Document that contains a
photograph (Form I-766, I-688, I-688A,
- An unexpired foreign passport with an
unexpired Arrival-Departure Record,
Form I-94, bearing the same name as the
passport and containing an endorsement
of the alien’s nonimmigrant status, if that
status authorizes the alien to work for the
- Driver’s license or ID card issued by a
state or outlying possession of the United