The concept of antiaging actually constitutes the concept of healthy aging.
Because aging can not be prevented.
However, the debility,dependence, disease and dejection are frightening especially
to a person like me bordering the 40s, 50s and 60s.
Hence the measures taken to achieve healthy aging are aimed at
a] being fairly fit in terms of stamina, flexibilty, power, balance, co-
ordination, physical form and functions and speed.
b] being independent
c] being free of any gross disease
d] being fairly actiive so as to be useful to the society
In my view mere engagement in hobbies or habbits do not give the strength,
stability, buoyance and benvolence. This approach makes you a seeker and
meekindividual. It makes you selfish and dependent. Hence I find the following
measures quite useful.
1. The most important measure is NAMASMARAN i.e. remembering the name of God, i.e.
remembering my true self. This helps me get oriented to myself and not get dragged
by deceptive temptations. It also helps me live alone without feeling lonely.
2. Taking bath regularly preferably twice a day
3. Eating green leafy vegetables and sprouted beans
5. Driinking cow milk with halad [turmeric] and sunth [dried ginger]
6. I concede without grumbling, that the people are involved in their interests.
So I do not expect gestures of love. In stead I try to justify my aims and
objectives of life. This keeps me connected with God or myself and also with the
hearts and souls of the others.
7. I try to practice Pranayam and some yogic exercise.
8. I try to accept every moent and every situation with reverence or focus on the
root of that moment and situation viz. the name of God. This is not easy but I try
9. This has helped realize that my body, my relations and my possestions are bound
to end but the core of all these i.e. me is not going to die.
10 This gives me the enthusiasm to keep writing in tune with my soul without any
DR. SHRINIWAS KASHALIKAR