Round Tree Design
Basement Bar: Metal & wood or wood & metal
With these sketches I have introduced
more curves, and the two tiered “open”
bar top. The top surface with the organic
contours is cast concrete. The sides can
be sculpted from solid wood tree trunks,
or built up from laminated pieces, but I
like the bulging twist that this material
provides, versus the strictly geometric
metal cones of La Bodega. What do you
think? The front would have the metal
wrap, with a some colorful inset detail
that would be reflected in the back light
glass panels behind the bar.
There are many options and variables, so
lets discuss it!
1830 Sterl ing, Independence, MO 64052
I feel like the bar and area behind the bar is about a 25K +/- project
right now. Here is a list of some of the items that I’m factoring in:
• Curvy concrete top counter top
• Metal wrapping
• Hand colored design inset in bar
• Hand colored design inset behind bar
• Curved wood end pieces
• The bar fixture itself, and the wall of built ins behind the bar.
Some things I didn’t plan on with this bid are
• appliances (you provide, I’ll design around)
• sink, faucet (you provide, I’ll design around)
• Installation. I’ll bring it over, install it and plumb it for 50$ per hour.
Give me a call when you can visit. If this is out of scope, I can pull
back on some of the more complicated details.