CCNA Exploration 1: Network
Fundamentals – Chapter 3 Exam
01. What application layer protocol is commonly used to support for file transfers
between a client and a server?
02. What are two forms of application layer software? (Choose two.)
03. A network administrator is designing a network for a new branch office of
twenty-five users. What are the advantages of using a client-server model? (Choose
does not require specialized software
security is easier to enforce
lower cost implementation
provides a single point of failure
04. What is the purpose of resource records in DNS?
temporarily holds resolved entries
used by the server to resolve names
sent by the client to during a query
passes authentication information between the server and client
05. What is the automated service that matches resource names with the required IP
06. What three protocols operate at the Application layer of the OSI model?
07. What are three properties of peer-to-peer applications? (Choose three.)
acts as both a client and server within the same communication
requires centralized account administration
hybrid mode includes a centralized directory of files
can be used in client-server networks
requires a direct physical connection between devices
centralized authentication is required
08. Which application layer protocols correctly match a corresponding function?
DNS dynamically allocates IP addresses to hosts
HTTP transfers data from a web server to a client
POP delivers email from the client to the server email server
SMTP supports file sharing
Telnet provides a virtual connection for remote access
09. Which email components are used to forward mail between servers? (Choose