Install latch striker in highest slot position. Check
that latch striker is in center of jaws of hood latch
when hood closes. Open and close hood to en-
sure that center pin strikes hood latch properly
and that the stop screw contacts frame. A prop-
erly closed hood MUST click twice on the hood
latch. If the hood latch does not close properly,
loosen capscrews on the back of center pin and
adjust center pin up or down as required for cor-
rect alignment. See Figure 9.
5. Push down until hood just touches rubber
bumper. Make sure latch striker is still in center of
hood latch. Open hood and tighten capscrews for
2. HOOD LATCH
3. CENTER PIN
Figure 9. Hood Latch Adjustment
6. Check operation of hood latch. Have an operator
sit in seat. Make sure hood is fully closed (two
clicks). Also check that hood touches rubber
bumper. If necessary, repeat Step 5.
When installing the seat to the hood, DO NOT use
an impact wrench to install the capscrews. Dam-
age can be caused to the threads on the screws
and in the holes.
7. Place seat on the hood and thread seat wire har-
ness through the hole in the hood. See Figure 2.
8. Align holes in the seat with the holes in hood. In-
sert washers and capscrews. Tighten capscrews
to 18 N•m (159 lbf in).
If truck is equipped with a non-swivel seat, tie ca-
ble clips to seat wire harness and insert harness
into seat wire harness brackets under hood. If
truck is equipped with a swivel seat, secure seat
harness to bracket. See Figure 2.
10. Install seal plate using three capscrews. See Fig-
11. Install kick panel onto truck.
See Figure 3 for lift truck models:
See Figure 4 for lift truck models:
12. Install dash to top of cowl. See Figure 5. Install
four clips to attach the dash to kick panel.
13. Install upper steering column cover to dash.