Attached are the Hillsborough County Park Blips everyone submitted. These are released monthly so we can all see the wonderful things going on at our parks. Remember, Park Blips are due the last Friday of every month. These blips are then put together and presented at the Parks Board Meeting which is the first Friday of the month.
<p>October 2016 Park Blips
Keystone Recreation Center
• On October 15th, Keystone held its annual Family Fun Day with approximately 3,000 in
attendance. Even with the rain!
• The Hillsborough County Youth Leadership Council received an award at the Board of County
Commissioners’ Quarterly Awards and Recognition Ceremony on October 20th.
• On October 27th, Keystone hosted the Hillsborough County Public Works Meeting.
Jackson Springs Recreation Center
Jackson Springs designated a bulletin board for breast cancer awareness in our Annex building.
We had patrons/staff write the names of people they know/knew who were affected by breast
cancer. This was an eye opening reminder that there is a lot more progress to be made in this area.
• Town & Country Senior Stars hosted their own Oktoberfest social on Thursday, Oct. 27th, Trudy
Daxon (Senior Star) spent 3 days cooking/baking homemade bratwurst, sauerkraut, rye bread and
German potato salad, and apple strudel. Seniors enjoyed Bavarian music and even sang a round
of “Schnitzelbank”. Over 70 folks lifted their steins and sang “Ein Prosit”. Several were dressed
in traditional dress and lederhosen.
• Wayne Mayweather repurposed and old door from renovation and turned it into a one of a kind
table for skate shop.
Jackson Springs gym began hosting wheelchair rugby on Tuesdays at 5:30p. This group is
primarily from the VA, but welcomes anyone who would like to come out and play.
• The new “remote controlled” mechanisms for all the basketball hoops in gym are in and what a
Brandon Recreation Center and Mango Recreation Center
• Mango Park had its first Fall Festival, 175 in attendance Friday October 20th.
• Brandon had 100 seniors participate in the “Newcomers Fun in the Sun Bunco” Monday,
• Brandon Park had its second annual Multicultural Festival Saturday October 22nd.
• Mango Park had its first Halloween Dog Costume Contest, 12 dogs participated and nearly 100
folks came by to watch!