Service Repair Manual
Caterpillar Cat 236B3
SKID STEER LOADER
Product: SKID STEER LOADER
Model: 236B3 SKID STEER LOADER A9H
Configuration: 236B3 Skid Steer Loader A9H00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C3.4 IND Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
259B3 Compact Track Loader, 247B3 and 257B3 Multi Terrain Loaders and 216B3,
226B3, 236B3, 242B3 and 252B3 Skid Steer Loaders Power Train
Media Number -UENR0251-07
Publication Date -01/07/2018
Date Updated -11/07/2018
System Pressure - Release - Hydraulic
SMCS - 4350-553-PX; 5050-553-PX
Personal injury can result from hydraulic oil pressure and hot oil.
Hydraulic oil pressure can remain in the hydraulic system after the
engine has been stopped. Serious injury can be caused if this pressure is
not released before any service is done on the hydraulic system.
Make sure all of the work tools have been lowered to the ground, and
the oil is cool before removing any components or lines. Remove the oil
filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool
enough to touch with your bare hand.
1. Lower the armrest.
2. Turn the engine start switch to the ON position. Disengage the parking brake.
3. Press each side of the auxiliary hydraulic control switch (A1 and A2) for one to two seconds
in order to release the auxiliary system pressure. Keep the joystick control in the
NEUTRAL position while you press the auxiliary hydraulic control switch (A1 and A2).
4. Engage the parking brake.
5. Start the engine and run the engine for at least 15 seconds in order to recharge the
236B3 Skid Steer Loader A9H00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C3.4 IND Eng...
6. Turn the engine start switch to the OFF position.
7. Do not raise the armrest.
8. Immediately, turn the engine start switch to the ON position. Disengage the parking brake.
9. Move both of the joystick controls through all of the operating positi