THE PRESIDENT SERVES AS THE CHIEF ACADEMIC AND
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER OF THE INSTITUTION
The Chancellor and Baruch College seek a dynamic, visionary leader, noted for personal and
professional integrity, to inspire students, work well with the faculty, engage the community and
its distinguished alumni, and guide the institution to even greater heights to serve as
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION INCLUDE:
• A broad intellect and grounding in a suitable academic discipline, preferably with an
earned Ph.D. and a record of scholarly and/or professional achievement;
• Demonstrated leadership in developing exemplary academic programs and supporting a
• A track record of senior management success in complex organizations that have intricate
reporting relationships, serve many constituencies, and require a service orientation;
• An understanding of the political, financial, and institutional structure of NYC and State;
• The capacity to present Baruch’s mission and programs to a wide variety of prominent
audiences, including all levels of government;
• A strong record of success in attracting financial support from foundations, corporations,
governmental sources, and private donors; and
• A commitment to enhancing the quality of student life and strengthening the delivery of
services to an urban, multicultural, multi-ethnic student body.
OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES FACING A NEW PRESIDENT
• Promoting and clearly articulating the College’s mission and shared vision by continuing
to nurture and foster strong ties to the community.
• Expanding the academic and support programs and services and fostering a student-
centered commuter campus that meets the diverse needs of the students.
• Communicating to local and national audiences the potential and the accomplishment of
Baruch’s students, faculty and alumni.
• Recruiting and supporting high-quality faculty in their research and scholar