Page 1 of 2
By Ranjana Lal
Prepare special Chili Garlic Sauce:
• 4 tbsp. chili garlic (Sambal) sauce available at most Indian or Chinese grocery stores.
• 1 tbsp. vinegar
• 2 tbsp. Tabasco sauce
• ½ tsp. sugar
• 1 tsp. vegetable or olive oil
• 2 tbsp. soy sauce
• ½ or 1 tsp. salt
• 2 tbsp. tomato ketchup
Mix all these ingredients together in a bowl and keep aside.
• 500 grams frozen boneless chicken or chicken legs
• 1/3 cup green chili cut on slant
• 1 tbsp. crushed ginger
• 1 tbsp. crushed garlic
• 2 thin red dry red chili broken in pieces (can take more)
• ½ cup chopped onion
• 3 tbsp. special chili garlic sauce (prepared earlier)
• salt to taste
• ¾ cup oil
• ½ cup cashew nuts
• 1 medium green bell pepper, cut in ¼ inch long strips
• 1 big onion, also cut in thick long strip
Fry the two, in a hot non-stick pan in as little oil as possible for 2 minutes and keep aside for later use.
• 4 tbsp. soy sauce
• 2 tbsp. corn flour
• 2 tsp. red chili powder
• ½ tsp. agino moto
• 2 - 4 tbsp. special chili garlic sauce, salt to taste
Thaw chicken leg or boneless chicken. Remove skin. Cut chicken in medium size pieces. Wash and drain.
In a bowl add all the ingredients for marinade with chicken pieces, mix, cover and keep in fridge for about
Page 2 of 2
Heat ½ cup oil in a pan and add chopped chicken along with marinade. Reduce heat and cook covered for
10 minutes. Remove lid and turn over the chicken pieces. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes
again. Remove from fire and keep aside.
In another pan, heat ¼ cup oil and add the chopped onion, ginger and garlic. Stir and fry over high heat
for 2-3 minutes. Add the green chili, red chilies, and special chili garlic sauce and cashews. Mix and stir
and fry on high heat for 2 min. Add already cooked chicken and stir fry for 4 minutes. Garnish with fried
green bell pepper and onion strips. Serve.