Job Description: Administrative Clerk II, Page 1
Administrative Clerk II
Job Class: Administrative Clerk
Class Status: Active
Type of Position: Non-Exempt
Location of Work: All areas
Covered Position: No
Salary Grade(s): 5
Prepared by: Roberta Johnson
Hours of Work:
Employment Category: Regular Full-Time
Under general supervision, Administrative clerks II work independently to provide a full range of clerical
assignments of average difficulty as assigned or defined by established procedures.
Reports To: Varies by Department
Supervises: May supervise a clerk I, or volunteer.
Liaison To: N/A
• Provide a full range of reception services. Respond to requests for information from the public or
employees by answering the phone, greeting the public, mailing program information, and making
• Pick up, receive, open, date stamp, and deliver mail and/or other materials.
• Update files, and maintain a variety of records such as addresses, telephone numbers, vacation
schedules, attendance and timesheets, numerical logs, ledgers, and client files.
• Photocopy documents, collate, assemble, and distribute materials.
• Type or produce reports or correspondence utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and other business
• Receive, review, and compare documents, forms, or applications for completeness and accuracy.
• Responsible for follow-up work to ensure all applications are complete with all necessary data and
• Perform complex data entry tasks for which there is a moderate variation of formats and procedures and
with general instructions for coding and entering data; check and correct entry for input errors.
• Gathers and records statistical information for reporting purposes.
• Assist with travel arrangemen