© 2009 YouSendIt. All rights reserved.
1-800-Translate provides ISO 9001-
certified language and industry
translation services to half the
Fortune 500. The company works in
more than 150 languages for multilingual
print, Web and audiovisual production.
•	 Using FTP to transfer very large layout,
video and audio files was problematic.
•	 The company needed to receive
the entire document, project or
media file to quote translation services,
and FTP complicated the process,
especially for new clients
•	 FTP transmissions required the
creation of individual customer
passwords, consuming the time
of IT staff.
•	 Customers had difficulty using
FTP and required extra support.
•	 The company was using costly
shipping and courier services
as an alternative to FTP.
YouSendIt Corporate Suite was so easy
to use that the company did not consider
any other solutions to replace FTP and
couriers. The Dropbox feature gave
1-800-Tranlate.com’s customers a
simple solution to submit projects for
quotes. The branding feature helped
the company to personalize customer
communications with their own logo.
Situation and Challenges
Based in New York City, 1-800-Translate provides ISO 9001-certified language and
industry translation services to half the Fortune 500. The company operates in more
than 150 languages for multilingual print, Web and audiovisual production. It employs
a staff of 13 and works with 2,500 contractors across the nation. In all, it serves
4,000 customers on many different types of projects:
•	 For	litigation	preparation,	the	company	was	called	on	to	analyze	and	translate
gigabytes of data in the space of a few hours.
•	 For	video	broadcast	translations,	one	project	involved	600	half-hour	episodes	of	an
animated Japanese TV show into French subtitles.
•	 For	a	European	automaker,	the	company	was	hired	to	translate	all	its	full-color	vehicle
brochures	from	English	into	German.