1. How long does it take the Earth to orbit around the sun?
2. How long does it take the Earth to turn once on its own axis?
3. Which gas in our atmosphere enables us to live and breathe?
4. Find out all you can about the 4 different ‘spheres’ on the Earth. Write a
description of each sphere, or draw it in the boxes below. The four spheres are:
biosphere, lithosphere, atmosphere, hydrosphere.
5. Can you explain the water cycle? Draw a diagram to show the different stages in
6. Give two examples of different climates on Earth and describe their characteristics.
7. The moon has a gravitational pull. How does this effect our planet?
8. The moon spins as it orbits the Earth. How long does it take for the moon to
complete one turn?