Meet Me in St Louis Swing Dance ChampionshipsTM
2009 Contest Rules (as of 9/03/09)
RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS NEEDED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE HEAD JUDGE
& EVENT DIRECTOR AND WILL BE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE IF CHANGED.
1. MMISL SDC Competitions are open to all eligible contestants (*16 and over) who have purchased a weekend
event pass. (*See exceptions and age requirements under Masters & Juniors divisions)
2. All categories are traditional male / female, lead / follow couples.
3. Costumes are acceptable in routine divisions.
4. This is a Swing Dance Competition and all recognized swing styles are allowed, including Whip, Push, West
Coast Swing, Shag, Lindy Hop, Imperial, Swingout, Jitterbug, Steppers and others.
5. Dancers may not dance with the same partner in more than one Swing division. An individual is not
permitted to dance twice within the same division (Divisions: Jack & Jill, Strictly Swing, Masters, Rising Star,
Pro-Am). Exception: Pro dancers in the Pro-Am divisions.
6. MMISL SDC will provide music for the Jack & Jill, Strictly Swing and Pro-Am Divisions. Music for all
other divisions must be provided by the contestant.
7. At least one (1) contestant from each entry must attend the dancers meeting. See the contest schedule for the
assigned meeting times. NO PROXIES ALLOWED.
8. Music Time Limitations: All routine divisions, excluding Teams, have a music time limitation of no less than
2 minutes and no more than 3 minutes.
9. Qualifications for Junior Dancers – Strictly Swing
Must be 17 years of age or younger, have signed parental consent, and have never danced in an Intermediate,
Open or higher Class category, in Classic, Showcase, Strictly Swing or Jack & Jill to compete in any Junior
category. (Juniors ages 12 – 15 may request an exception to be allowed to dance in other divisions - please
contact Penny Davis at email@example.com to make your request.)
10. Qualification for Novice Dancers – Strictly Swing
You must have n