Service Repair Manual
938F Wheel Loader
Product: WHEEL LOADER
Model: 938F WHEEL LOADER 2RM
Configuration: 938F Wheel Loader 2RM00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3116 Engine
Disassembly and Assembly
938F WHEEL LOADER POWER TRAIN
Media Number -SENR6706-04
Publication Date -01/08/2004
Date Updated -26/10/2004
Axle Shaft Assemblies
SMCS - 3260-017
Disassemble & Assemble Axle Shaft Assemblies
a. remove front axle housing group (fixed)
b. remove rear axle housing group (oscillating)
NOTE: The axle shaft assemblies used in the front and rear axle housing groups are similar. The
removal, disassembly, assembly and installation procedures are the same for both axle groups.
938F Wheel Loader 2RM00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3116 Engine(SEBP...
1. Install the axle housing group on Tool (G) in a vertical position as shown.
2. Fasten Tool (A) and a hoist to the rim flange of the axle shaft as shown. Remove twenty six
bolts (1) and the washers that hold axle shaft assembly (2) to the differential housing. Carefully
remove the axle shaft assembly. The weight of the axle shaft assembly is approximately 295 kg
3. Remove the bottom half of the axle housing group from Tool (G). Install axle shaft assembly
(2) on Tool (G) with planetary carrier assembly (5) facing up as shown.
NOTE: To completely remove retaining ring (3) from the axle shaft assembly, planetary carrier
assembly (5) must be removed and disassembled.
4. Use Tool (B) to remove retaining ring (3) from the groove in the end of axle shaft (4). Position
the retaining ring in the planetary carrier.
5. Fasten Tool (C) and a hoist to planetary carrier assembly (5) as shown. Remove the planetary
carrier assembly from the axle shaft housing. The weight of the planetary carrier assembly is
approximately 80 kg (175 lb).
938F Wheel Loader 2RM00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY 3116 Engine