100g butter – softened
125g packed soft brown sugar
2 medium size very ripe bananas
225g self raising fl our
½ tsp bicarb soda
60ml strong black coffee
60ml milk (optional)
100g chopped pecans
40g soft brown sugar
2 tsp ground coffee
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC, grease a 20cm springform pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fl uffy. Beat in
egg, then banana, until blended. Fold in fl our sifted with
the soda alternately with cooled coffee. (if the mixture is
thick, beat in the milk). Pour mixture into prepared pan.
3. For the topping, combine the pecans, brown sugar and
ground coffee: sprinkle over the batter.
4. Bake for 35 minutes until cooked. Cool, remove from
pan and serve warm.
315g almond macaroons
90g butter – softened
175g plain chocolate – broken
900g cream cheese
135g caster sugar
5 tbsp milk
2 tsp instant coffee
1. Crumb macaroons and blend with melted butter, press into
the bottom and side of a 23cm springform pan, allow to set
in the refrigerator
2. Preheat oven to 170ºC
3. Place pieces of chocolate into a heatproof bowl over a pan
of gently simmering water and heat, stirring frequently, until
melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
4. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the soft
cheese just until smooth; slowly beat in sugar, scraping
the bowl often with a spatula. Add melted chocolate, eggs
milk and instant coffee powder. Beat mixture for 3 minutes,
occasionally scraping the bowl.
5. Pour the chocolate and cheese mixture into the biscuit
6. Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour until cooked, cool in the
tin on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 4 or until well
chilled. Remove from pan and place on serving plate.
220g caster sugar
75g plain fl our
75g self raising fl our
75g cornfl our
10g instant coffee powder
375ml boiling water
60ml coffee fl avo