Cap 25D - LABOUR TRIBUNAL (SUITORS' FUNDS) RULES
LABOUR TRIBUNAL (SUITORS' FUNDS) RULES
Gazette Number Version Date
(Cap 25, section 45)
[27 October 1978]
(Originally L.N. 249 of 1978)
These rules may be cited as the Labour Tribunal (Suitors' Funds) Rules.
L.N. 172 of 1999 05/07/1999
In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires-
"funds" (儲存金) means money standing in or to be placed to the registrar's account;
"order" (命令) means an award or order of the tribunal or, in case of an appeal, of the Court, and includes any
allocation by a presiding officer of the amount of an award;
"registrar" (可法常務主任) means the Registrar of the Labour Tribunal;
"tribunal" (審裁處) means the Labour Tribunal.
(21 of 1999 s. 11)
Payment into the tribunal
(1) All funds to be paid into the tribunal shall be paid to the registrar.
(2) Except where the circumstances otherwise require, the registrar shall pay any funds paid into the tribunal to
an account which may be interest earning or not (to be called the Labour Tribunal Suitors' Funds Account) at such
bank as the Director of Accounting Services shall direct.
(3) The presiding officer may direct that an amount equal to the moneys standing to the credit of a particular
person on a particular date as recorded in the accounts kept pursuant to rule 5(1) be transferred from the account
referred to in paragraph (2) to a separate interest-bearing account (to be opened in the name of the case) with such
bank as the presiding officer shall direct and that presiding officer may, if he considers it appropriate, give a direction
regarding the manner in which any interest is to be treated. (L.N. 64 of 1992)
Registrar to give receipt
(1) The registrar shall give a receipt to any person by whom funds are paid into the tribunal.
(2) A receipt given under this rule shall be as nearly as