Mobile Biodiesel Education Facility Project - ESTER
Project Manager: Wimm Vadakan
Project Coordinator: Melissa Mora
Strategic Partners: CU Biodiesel (University of Colorado, Boulder)
Project Launch Date: August 2006
Contacts: email@example.com (CU Biodiesel)
firstname.lastname@example.org (CU Biodiesel)
Target communities: CU Boulder campus and associated local communities and regional communities within Colorado
• CU Biodiesel is a non-profit student organization at the University of Colorado dedicated to advancing the knowledge and use of
biodiesel, a vegetable based and clean-burning alternative to petroleum diesel.
• CU Biodiesel strives to educate the public and private sectors about the production and implementation of biodiesel technologies
and to promote it as a valuable renewable resource.
• CU Biodiesel is funded by a Referendum allocating 49 cents per student per semester for four years to implement biodiesel
projects on campus and in the surrounding community.
50% of CU Biodiesel’s funded budget is allocated towards monetarily assisting the University of Colorado Boulder to purchase
biodiesel as a fuel (or partial fuel mixture) for intra-university transportation diesel vehicles and diesel bus fleet. The remaining
budget is allocated to general operations and projects.
• The current social, political, and economic state of the world in 2006 warrants a reassessment of personal, community-wide,
and global decisions concerning fuel use and long-term environmental impacts. CU Biodiesel has seen a rise in the general
public’s interest in biodiesel through the steady increase in demand for our biodiesel workshops, increase traffic going through
our website (www.cubiodiesel.org), increase in membership numbers, and increase in e-mail inquiries on biodiesel related
• CU Biodiesel is interested in bridging the gap between the imm