E-Commerce @ Indiana
Ruth Harpool, Director
Trish Smith, E-Commerce
E-Commerce @ Indiana University
Ways to Conduct E-Commerce @
• Volusion Shopping Cart
• IPAS (will be retired by 12/2010)
• Used for online credit card and echeck payments
• Replacing IUPay by September 1
• Replacing IPAS by December 2010
• PCI Compliant
• Used for child care, travel tours, journals, deposits, shipping
• No email receipts to departments, only to customers –future
IUIE report availability
• May be used for conference registrations, but we prefer you use
Units share a merchant account at our processing bank that is labeled IUPay.
Customers will see IUPay as transaction description.
Refunds are handled by the Office of the Treasurer, Payment Card Services. To
request a refund, please follow this link which will require your IU network ID and
password to access. You will need to know the date, dollar amount and confirmation
number from the original transaction.
The fee that will be charged to the departmental General Ledger account for
IUPayPlus Centrally Managed transactions is currently set at 5%. Fee is charged at
the same time the income is posted.
This version of IUPayPlus is for those areas that have internal control issues,
seperation of duty issues, or have an immediate need to process payments.
The IUPayPlus Departmentally Managed version allows for Treasury to set your
department up with its own merchant account at our processing bank. This means
that customers will see your department name on their bank statement.
The associated fees for this type of set-up are the actual credit card processing fees
as charged by our processing bank. The fees vary based on card brand a