Service Repair Manual
329D and 329D L Excavator
S/N - WDK1-UP
S/N - WLT1-UP
S/N - XDB1-UP
S/N - YFW1-UP
A. Remove the travel brake valve. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Counterbalance
Balance (Travel) - Remove".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during
performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair
of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers
before opening any compartment or disassembling any component
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Caterpillar Dealer Service
Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain
fluids on Caterpillar products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contamination of the hydraulic system with foreign material will
reduce the service life of the hydraulic system components.
To prevent contaminants from entering the hydraulic system, always
plug or cap the lines, fittings, or hoses as they are disconnected. Cover
any disassembled components and clean them properly before
329D & 329D L Excavators WDK00001-UP (MACHINE) POWERED BY C7 Engine...
Clean the hydraulic system properly after any major component
exchange or especially after a component failure, to remove any
1. Drain the oil from the final drive into a suitable container for storage or disposal.
2. Disconnect hose assemblies (1) and (3) .
3. Remove two of four bolts (2) that secure the travel motor to the final drive.
4. Install Tooling (A) in the place of the two bolts (2) that were removed.
5. Remove remaining bolts (5) that secure travel motor (4) to the final drive.
329D & 329D L Excavators WDK0000