Create the Top 10 Ways to Use Audio on your Site
Audio can provide an added dimension to your site. It creates a warm atmosphere where visitors feel like they know you. And it can enhance your
reputation as an expert. Here are the top ten ways you can start using audio on your site.
1. Welcome people to your site. Toward the top of the page, add your photo or a short statement saying "Listen to a short welcome message" then a
button to start the audio. Keep it brief and tightly targeted to the people you've brought to the site.
2. Make your bio more personal. If you're using a one-page sales letter site, there's a section on why they should listen to you and probably a photo.
Add a caption to entice them to click. For example, "Here's 3 ways I can help" with the audio button. This audio doesn't have to echo what's on the
page - it can actually have an anecdote or an example to illustrate the written material.
3. Provide client testimonials. One of the most powerful techniques for using audio is to ask your clients to record a short audio testimonial. Ideally you
can capture this with a tape recorder at a live event or have them call and record it on the phone. The audio testimonial, combined with a photograph,
gives a powerful picture of who you are and why a newcomer would like your services or product.
4. Answer questions. If you have FAQs, consider answering some of them with audio. Sometimes it's easier and faster to explain something verbally
than to write the entire explanation.
5. Offer a guarantee. Let them hear the warmth and sincerity in your voice as you share your guarantee.
6. Give them a sample of your presentation. You can record this sitting in your office or use a clip from a live performance. Either way, your visitors will
be able to hear your style and form a closer bond with you as a presenter.
7. Provide the latest information. Record a weekly update on news from your industry, then add it to your site. It gives people a reason to return to your
site and gives you the status of being t