STOCK OPTION CERTIFICATE
1. For valuable consideration, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, Syms Corp, a New Jersey corporation
(the "Company"), hereby grants to Ronald Zindman whose address is 10 Conover Court, Belle Mead, NJ
08502, (the "Optionee"), an incentive stock option (the "Option) subject to the following terms and conditions, to
purchase from the Company an aggregate of 100,000 shares of Common Stock, par value $.05 per share, (the
"Common Stock") of the Company. The Option is granted upon all of the terms and conditions set forth in this
Option Certificate and subject to all the terms of the Company's Amended and Restated Incentive Stock Option
and Appreciation Plan (the "Plan"), attached hereto as Exhibit A.
2. Purchase Price -- The option price for the shares of Common Stock which may be acquired upon exercise of
the Option shall be $8.00 per share, determined by the closing price on the New York Stock Exchange for
Thursday, September 19, 1996.
3. Exercise of Option -- The Option may be exercised within the next ten (10) years as follows:
The option may be exercised by notice and payment to the Company as provided in the Plan.
4. Term of Option -- The term of the Option shall be a period of ten (10) years from the date hereof, expiring on
September 18, 2006.
5. Registration and Resale -- If not already covered by a Registration Statement on Form S-8, the Company
shall its best efforts to file, cause to become effective and maintain effective a registration statement or statement
under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), on Form S-8, registering the offer and sale
to Optionee of the Common Stock that may be acquired upon exercise of the Option. The Company shall be
deemed to have used such best efforts on behalf of Optionee if it shall have taken the same efforts to effect such
registration as it shall have taken to effect similar
registrations on behalf of present and former officers and affiliates of the Compa