Want to Make a Difference Today? We Need You.
The College of Business offers a minor in Managing for Sustainability. The minor teaches students how to integrate the
triple bottom line into management strategy, tactics and operations. You can help develop the critical thinking of our
graduating seniors in so many ways.
• Connect with the students and allow them to study your business practices.
• Visit our classes and share your approach to sustainability management.
• Create internships or career opportunities.
• Allow tours of your facility by students.
• SEED/SCORE can conduct sustainability assessments for you.
• Connect with NetImpact, a College of Business student organization. NetImpact wants to meet you!
Point of contact for SEED/SCORE:
The Institute for Sustainable Development
California State University, Chico
633 Brice Avenue
Chico, CA 95926
•	Save energy! Turn off the lights when it is sunny and use natural daylight. Use motion sensors, and leave
emergency lights on at night.
•	Save money! Turn off your equipment when not in use. Use power strips to connect equipment and turn the
power strips off for any equipment that does not need to run overnight. Thus, you will save money by not
paying for phantom loads. When electronics and appliances are plugged in, but are not in use, they still burn
•	Save time and supplies! Maintain your equipment. Use compact fluorescent light bulbs or LED lights that will
last for years. Stop printing and faxing and use e-documents. Work with all third party clients to eliminate mail
and pay bills online. This will save you time, money, and materials. You all win!
•	Buy smart! Buy reused, recycled, remanufactured, or energy efficient appliances.
•	Build new opportunities! How can you reuse any material until it reaches its end of life or usefulness? How can
you create new products and services from other people’s or your own waste? Can you make something new out
of what you once perceived as junk or ga