THIS AGREEMENT IS MADE ON THIS DAY 15th OF February 2003 BY AND BETWEEN
Sterlite Industries (India) Limited ("SIL" which expression shall unless it be repugnant to the context include its
successors and assigns) of the FIRST PART; and
Smt Rajni Jain (which expression shall unless it be repugnant to the context include her successors and assigns) of
the SECOND PART.
1. SIL is engaged in the business of smelting copper and copper derivatives and employs various people and
executives for the said business.
2. SIL is desirous of locating and acquiring on ownership, rental, lease, leave and license or any other basis
properties for the housing of its Senior Executives.
3. Smt Rajni Jain has represented that she has located one or more such properties, which would be acceptable
for the housing of Senior Executives of SIL.
4. SIL has agreed to advance a sum of Rs. 1.50 crore (Rupees one crore Fifty Lacs only) to enable Smt Rajani
Jain to acquire one such property on condition that the same would be made available to SIL to enable SIL to
use it for housing of Senior Executives including in particular Mr. Tarun Jain.
NOW THIS AGREEMENT WITNESSETH AND IT IS AGREED BY AND BETWEEN PARTIES
HERETO AS FOLLOWS:
1. SIL shall advance to Smt Rajni Jain by payment to Smt Rajni Jain and or to any person directed by her a sum
of Rs. 1.50 Crore (Rupees one crore Fifty Lacs only) such payment being made on or before 31st March 2003.
2. Smt Rajni Jain shall within a reasonable time not exceeding 36 months from the date of payment, locate and
acquire either on ownership, lease, leave and license or other acceptable basis premises fit for housing of Senior
Executive of SIL. Smt Rajni Jain shall make available the said premises to SIL on the same terms and conditions
as are applicable to the acquisition by Smt Rajni Jain of the said premises and or such terms and conditions as are
acceptable to SIL. In particular Smt. Rajni Jain shall at the request of SIL agree to make available on t