SARA LEE CORPORATION
INTERNATIONAL EMPLOYEE STOCK PURCHASE PLAN
This International Employee Stock Purchase Plan (herein called “Plan”) provides eligible foreign employees of Sara Lee
Corporation, a Maryland corporation (herein called “Corporation”) and its subsidiaries a continual opportunity to purchase
common stock of the Corporation.
2. Stock Subject to the Plan . The Corporation shall make available 2,000,000 shares of its common stock for purchase under
the Plan from authorized but unissued shares.
3. Eligible Employees . Employees of Subsidiaries which elect to offer the Plan to their employees who work at least 20 hours
per week, and who are not designated by the Corporation as officers under Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
4. Participation in the Plan . An eligible employee may participate voluntarily, by completing and submitting the appropriate
form at designated times, according to the applicable Country Plan procedures. Such form may authorize payroll deductions
from the employee’s pay, or some other means of contributions received from employees (defined according to local
procedures). An employee may actively participate in only one Corporation sponsored stock purchase plan at a time.
5. Purchase Price . The purchase price of the stock will be no lower than 85% of the average between the highest and lowest
quoted selling price, on the purchase date determined in each Country Plan.
6. Number of Shares Purchasable . No participating employee may be permitted to acquire stock under the Plan at a rate
which exceeds $21,250 per year, which is 85% of the fair market value of $25,000. This limit shall be monitored by each
7. Employee Accounts /Stock Acquired. Subsidiaries shall maintain payroll deduction accounts for participating employees,
where applicable. Shares which are purchased pursuant to the Plan shall be recorded on the