EM & Co and Stylist Dalit Gwenna Share Hat Styling Secrets
Celebrity stylist Dalit Gwenna and fashion boutique EM & Co, show hats hats, the new hip trend,
can be worn every day, not just on special occasions. Hats are a strong fashion statement, but
despite their increased popularity, many women are still wondering how to wear them, and how to
pick the best one. Stylist Dalit Gwenna shares her best hat styling secrets.
Los Angeles, CA, May 13, 2010 --(PR.com)-- Celebrity stylist Dalit Gwenna shows that hats, the new
hip trend, can be worn every day, not just on special occasions. Hats are a strong fashion statement, but
despite their increased popularity, many women are still wondering how to wear them, and how to pick
the best one. Dalit Gwenna, one of LA's newest and hottest celebrity stylists, includes hats and sunglasses
as important accessories, when styling her clients.
Dalit Gwenna shared her best hat styling secrets with mothers and daughters at the Gavert Salon
“Mothers-On-The-Go” event on May 8th:
1. Match the style of the outfit, not the color; the hat color should flatter the wearer's skin-tone.
2. Pay attention to overall proportions between height and brim width. A hat with a tall crown can give
the illusion of extra height.
3. Do not over-accessorize: if wearing a large hat, don't wear large earrings.
4. The shape of a face can also determine which hats look best: heart-shaped faces suit all styles, narrow
faces need a full, rounded crown; round faces work best with wide-brimmed hats.
5. If wearing a statement hat, the rest of the outfit should be kept simple.
6. Consider the angle at which the hat should be worn and how it works with the hairdo and shape of the
The most important rule, according to Dalit, is to be comfortable with the hat, and confident in your style.
“Hats are fun, and there is a hat for everyone, for all occasions, you just have to find it” she says. She
showed mothers and daughters how to style with hats and accessories at the “Mothers-on-the-Go” event
at Gavert Salon,