“Making It Easier for Businesses to do Business”
What is Business Gateway?
Business Gateway (“BG”), a Presidential E-government Initiative, provides businesses with a single
access point, www.business.gov, for businesses to easily find government information, including forms
and compliance resources and tools. Business Gateway also reduces the regulatory paperwork burden
on businesses through easier data submission. To accomplish its mission, www.business.gov offers the
“Issue-based” search and organized agency links to answer business questions
Links to resources to help businesses understand what regulations to comply with and how to
• Easy, online access to government forms to reduce the time it takes for businesses to find forms.
• Streamlined submission process to reduce the amount of data businesses submit to the
Why do we need Business Gateway?
According to statistics compiled by government agencies, complying with laws and regulations costs
American businesses billions of dollars each year. Business Gateway will reduce this burden on the
business community by eliminating the need to search through multiple web sites to locate and access
government information, services, and legal/regulatory requirements and forms.
Value to Businesses. Business Gateway saves businesses time and money by:
• Providing a one-stop site to answer businesses’ questions with an on-line “issue-based” search
and information organization capability
• Providing access to information and resources (organized links to plain language, regulations,
forms, agency guidance) about how to comply with rules and regulations
• Making it easier to understand the rules and regulations applicable to specific businesses.
• Reducing the time it takes to get answers from a myriad of government resources
• Reducing compliance burden that can inhibit small and medium-size businesses from succeeding
Value to Federal Gover