C.H. Coakley Launches Dinner on the Mayflower Food Drive
Milwaukee business management solutions firm encourages area businesses t
10.28.2009 – C.H. Coakley, a Milwaukee-based management solutions firm, has
launched Dinner on the Mayflower, an effort which will donate the moving and
logistics capabilities of the company and its Mayflower moving division to support a
city-wide food drive which will benefit Hunger Task Force’s Food for Families
program. Participating in Dinner on the Mayflower will allow area businesses to hold
a food drive at their location without having to coordinate the logistics of pickup and
delivery of food barrels.
C.H. Coakley has secured the support of several local businesses and is
challenging other Milwaukee-area companies to participate in the effort by placing a
food barrel in their establishment and encouraging donations from employees
Participation is easy.
1. Interested businesses should contact Liz Williams, Event Coordinator at 414-372-
7000 to request a barrel. Businesses do not need to be located within the city of
2. C.H. Coakley will deliver a collection barrel to participating businesses during the
week of November 2.
3. Businesses will collect non-perishable food items until their pick up date. C.H.
Coakley will arrange to pick up barrels on November 18 or 19 and will confirm
pickups with participants at a later date.
4. Participating businesses and other individuals interested in donating non-
perishable food items will be welcomed at a lunch event from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
on November 19. A light lunch will be provided by Lamarr Franklin, owner of
Additional businesses participating in the effort include:
• A&J Liquor
• Career Youth Development
• East Bank Storage
• Lakeview Printing
• Milwaukee Times Newspaper
• Pristine Child Care
• SP Design
• United Way
• Voluptuous Secrets
• WI Women’s Business Initiative Corp.
“This has been a challeng