The Martian Bouncing Spider
copyright 1997 by Perry Bailey
1. fold and unfold paper diagonaly in half both ways then
blintz fold in all the corner to the center.
2. Blintz fold again the center
Then unfold completely and
turn the model over.
3. Fold the raw edge up to the top crease, then
unfold and reapeat on other 3 sides.
Turn the model over.
4. Fold the raw edge up to the first crease,
then unfold. Repeat on other 3 sides.
5. Make a really large rabbits ear, then unfold and
repeat on the other thre corners.
6. This is all of the folds after step 5, from here
we go to the crease pattern to fold this into
a long armed windmill.
7. Collapse the model in to a long armed
8. The model should have collapsed into
a large pinwheel type shape. Note
the small square in the center of the
model remains flat through out the
collapse. In the next diagram you
will see only 1 arm shown.
9. Notice creases on the arm of the model,
the next step is to use these creses to
fold each arm into 3 preliminary base
each one opposite to the one before.
10. Note that the bottom most preliminary base
is four layers, put two layers to each side,
the other folds will be only 1 layer each.
11. Three layers of preliminary
bases on on top the other.
12. This is an enlarged view of the
leg we just folded. Now we fold
half of a bird base.
13. Fold another half of a bird base,
but in the opposite direction.
14. Fold the final half
of a bird base in
opposite direction of
the previous one.
15. Finished view of one leg.
16. Repeat steps 9
through 15 on all
17. Now to finish your martian bouncing
spider, grab the tip of each leg one at
a time and gently pull in out till the
middle of the leg becomes tube like.
18. Each leg will pull out like this.
Finished!!!! now tap the x and
watch him bounce! With practice
you can even dribble yo