Bentley Publishers, 1734 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138-1804 USA
Tel: 617-547-4170 • Toll Free: 800-423-4595 • Fax: 617-876-9235
BMW 7 Series (E38)
Service Manual: 1995-2001
740i, 740iL, 750iL
Bentley Stock Number: B701
Publication Date: 2007.jun.15
Hardcover, 8 3/8 in. x 11 in.
Case quantity: 5
1256 pages, 1050 photos, illustrations and diagrams
The BMW 7 Series (E38) Service Manual: 1995-2001 is a
comprehensive source of service information and specifications for
BMW 7 Series models from 1995 to 2001. Whether you’re a
professional or a do-it-yourself BMW owner, this manual will help
you understand, care for and repair your car.
New durable hardcover format - This BMW manual is now being
published as a durable, long-lasting hardcover book designed to
withstand many years of use in a professional shop or home garage.
• Maintenance procedures from replacing the fresh air and
recirculation microfilters to changing the ATF. This manual tells
you what to do and how and when to do it.
• Step-by-step engine timing chain service.
• Cylinder head cover and crankshaft seal replacement.
• Cooling system filling and bleeding, coolant pump replacement
and engine cooling fan and radiator service.
• Fuel injection and ignition system diagrams and explanations,
including five different Bosch Motronic engine management
• Suspension repair procedures, including stabilizer bar link, control
arm and axle boot replacement.
• Brakes, steering and ABS maintenance, troubleshooting, and
• Heating and air-conditioning repair, including A/C component
• Body, hood and sunroof repairs and adjustments.
• Electrical system service, with an easy-to-use illustrated
component locator section.
• Wiring schematics for selected models, including power
distribution and grounds.
• BMW OBD II diagnostic trouble codes, SAE-defined OBD II