Seminar Topics - Scholarships - Admission/Entrance Exam Notifications
USA-UK-Australia-Germany-France-NewZealand Universities List
Engineering-MBA-MCA-Medical-Pharmacy-B.Ed-Law Colleges Information
www.andhracolleges.com The Complete Information About Colleges in Andhra Pradesh
Code No: V3108 / R07
III B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations Nov2009
COMPUTER SYSTEM ORGANIZATION
(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)
Time: 3 hours
Max. Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Write the algorithm for multiplying two floating point numbers.
(b) Multiply 0.45x10
(c) Add 0.147x10
2. (a) Construct a common bus system with multiplexers for four registers.
(b) Discuss the type of instruction formats with examples.[7+9]
3. (a) Write the micro-operation for the following instructions
(i) BSA (ii) BUN (iii) LDA
(b) What is interrupt cycle? Draw the flow chart which shows how computer
Handles the interrupt.[6+10]
4. (a) how is an instruction mapped to a microinstruction address.
(b) Give the implementation of conditional branching with multiplexers.[8+8]
5. (a) Explain briefly about dynamic random access memory with a neat diagram.
(b) What is the difference between static memory cell and a dynamic memory cell?
Which of these can be none destructively read out?[8+8]
6. (a) in how many ways data can be transferred from I/O units to or from memory?
(b) Explain Daisy chaining method. [10+6]
7. (a) what is meant by pipeline hazard? Explain delay due to data dependency with
(b) Compare different types of parallel computers.[10+6]
8. (a) Discuss the difference between tightly coupled and loosely coupled