Do you have comments, questions or feedback on this article? Please share your thoughts at
Subscribe to the challenge via email or RSS at http://www.therevenuegame.com/ceochallenge.
The monthly CEO Challenge is published by The Revenue Game, a revenue consultancy that helps clients
generate predictable, profitable growth. To get in touch with us directly, please contact Jane Adamson, CEO, at
(866) 356-8979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CEO Challenge for June 2009
“I’m lying awake worrying about sales!”
As you’re well aware, a CEO is constantly juggling a myriad of challenges. But when it comes to
sleep deprivation, the top culprit is typically revenue-related … burning questions such as
1. Is my sales manager doing a good job?
2. Is my star salesperson going to quit?
3. Why does one salesperson excel while others struggle?
This stress frequently stems from two beliefs:
1. That consistent revenue generation depends on the talents of a few select individuals
2. That those individuals operate in a world lacking both structure and predictability.
Good news: You can eliminate this chaos! Revenue generation is a science similar to other
disciplines inside your organization. And there are three keys to your success:
1. Create a solid revenue generation strategy
2. Align your organization to support your revenue strategy
3. Build the team and structure to implement consistently.
Let’s look at each of the three “late night worries” and develop an action plan to put each one to
The CEO Challenge for June 2009 – page 2 of 5
Do you have comments, questions or feedback? Please share your thoughts at
Subscribe to the CEO Challenge via email or RSS at http://www.therevenuegame.com/ceochallenge.
LATE NIGHT WORRY #1:
IS MY SALES MANAGER DOING A GOOD JOB?
The primary reason for this co