Council Position Number -1-
DEFINITION: The Associated Student Body (A.S.B.) President is the primary student representative for
Salesian High School. He/she must represent all of the students to the school’s staff and community.
The A.S.B. President is an initiative and straightforward officer who must know, and demonstrate, how
to lead effectively. The A.S.B. President is the Chairperson of the A.S.B. Executive Council, Cabinet, and
1. Serve as the primary student representative for Salesian High School.
2. Serve as Chairperson for all A.S.B. Student Council business meetings.
3. Prepare the agenda for all A.S.B. Student Council business meetings according to the associate
student body’s theme and directional theme.
4. Determine and communicate to the Council the process for agenda requests.
5. Assign the “State of the Council” reports for the agenda.
6. Serve as Salesian Representative on the ISC.
7. Serve as Chairperson of the A.S.B. Executive Council.
8. Serve as Chairperson for all A.S.B. dances.
9. Serve as the Chairperson for yearly A.S.B. award Ceremony.
10. Serve as the Master of Ceremonies at designated all-school assemblies.
11. Serve as the Chairperson of the Summer Leadership Retreat.
12. Understand and use the privileged “veto” power effectively.
13. Attend daily leadership class and weekly business meetings.
14. Use and maintain working notebook.
1. Maintain a grade point average of 2.5 for each grading period from time of petitioning for the
position through final grading period.
2. Enroll in Leadership Class.
3. Extra time available before and after school.
1. Must be a good student role model.
2. Must be a confident speaker in front of large groups.
3. Must be able to communicate effectively with others (peers and adults).
4. Must be able to manage time well and have time outside of leadership class.
5. Must have a working understanding of ROBERT’S RULES