Awards Notice – Univ Professor and CCTI Faculty
Timely notice to recipients of NAIT CCTI and University Division awards; notice to
nominees not selected and nominating individuals. The notification process for
University Division's Outstanding Professor awards and CCTI Division's
Outstanding Faculty awards has come from the officers, wit assistance from the
Tasks and Timelines: Normally the procedure for award notification is as follows:
1) The Division President sends NAIT Office/Associate Director (Monforton) the list of names of awardees,
their school and the region, and notes if a Region is not giving an award or an award in a particular region.
This is required by at least 45 days from the convention, so that memberships can be confirmed and the
plaques ordered and delivered. The best date to get this project done is by September 1.
2) Then NAIT Office/Associate Director (Monforton) confirm memberships.
3) Then the President, or perhaps individually by region by the director, let the awardees know and let them
know if they need to join NAIT or renew.
4) They need to be a member, so there has to be a positive confirmation from the awardee that they will
join, and by 30 Days prior Convention or so - we don't want to waste money (about $85 per plaque) if they
are not going to receive the award because they don't join NAIT. By 30 days prior convention, the President
needs to let NAIT Office/Associate Director (Monforton) know if any non-members intend to accept the
award and that they will or have joined NAIT. Also good to send NAIT Office/Associate Director (Monforton)
a contact phone of email for them in case we do not get a membership or renewal from them, so NAIT
Office/Associate Director (Monforton) can follow up.
5) They do not have to attend the convention. We mail to them if they do not attend. We do like to know if
someone from their school will accept the award on their behalf, and who that person will be. It is best if