WEST PIKELAND TOWNSHIP
P. O. Box 6, 1645 Art School Road
Chester Springs, Pa. 19425
Phone: (610)827-7660 Fax: (610)827-9141
BUILDING PERMIT PROCEDURE
1. The applicant must complete the Building Permit Application (attached). All questions pertaining
to the scope of work performed for the project must be completed.
2. The attached list of all Contractors
who will perform work under this permit must be completed.
3. All Contractors must register with the Township. Registration form is attached. All Registrations
must be complete, with the following necessary information:
a. Copies of other Municipal Registrations
b. A list of employees working at the job
c. Certificate of Insurance for Public Liability, Property Damage, Products Liability and
Completed Operations, each of which must have a minimum coverage of $500,000.00.
d. Workers Compensation Insurance
when required. Agencies must carry insurance in the
amount of $1,000,000.00 per occurrence and Workers Compensation, when required.
If the Contractor is claiming exemption from providing Workers Compensation insurance,
an Exemption Certificate (see attached) must be fully executed and notarized.
f. Required $75.00 fee.
4. The Application for Electrical Permit (if applicable) must be completed by a certified electrician
who is registered with the Township. Drawings are required.
5. The HVAC and Plumbing Permits (if applicable) must be completed by Contractors who are
registered in the Township. Drawings not required but sometimes specifications may be required.
6. The Application package submitted to the Township must include:
a. Completed erosion control form including plot plan unless there is no change to the
footprint of the present structure (i.e., all alterations, additions are interior).
• Plot plan must show accurate measurements that include front, rear and side
• Driveway must be shown including all dimensions.
• Stormwater Pit per Township Requirements. (Over 400 sq. ft. Cover added.)
• Historic Architectural