FIRST AMENDMENT TO ASSET PURCHASE AGREEMENT
This First Amendment to Asset Purchase Agreement (the "Amendment") is made as of August 25, 1998 by and
among Advanced Radio Telecom Corp., a Delaware corporation ("ART") and Astrolink Communications, Inc.,
a Delaware corporation ("Seller").
1. ART and Seller are parties to a certain Asset Purchase Agreement dated as of July 2, 1998 (the "Asset
Purchase Agreement"). Capitalized terms used in this Amendment without definition shall have the same meaning
as in the Asset Purchase Agreement.
2. The parties wish to amend the Asset Purchase Agreement by deleting from Schedule 1.1 thereto the
Columbus, Ohio pending license and adjusting the geographic coordinates and allocated shares for Sante Fe,
NOW, THEREFORE, for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby
acknowledged by each of the parties hereto, the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. Pending Licenses. Schedule 1.1 is amended and restated as Schedule 1.1A by (a) deleting Columbus, Ohio
from the listed pending licenses; (b) revising the minimum latitude for Sante Fe, New Mexico to 36-00-00; and
(c) changing the number of shares fro Sante Fe, New Mexico to 1,777. All references in the Asset Purchase
Agreement to "Schedule 1.1" shall be deemed to be references to Schedule 1.1A, which is attached hereto and
hereby made part of this Amendment.
2. Ratification. Except as modified by this Amendment, the Asset Purchase Agreement is hereby ratified and
reconfirmed in all respects.
3. Counterparts. The Amendment may be executed simultaneously in one or more counterparts hereof, each of
which shall be deemed an original, but all of which together shall constitute one and the same agreement.
4. Effectiveness. This Amendment shall be effective upon execution by ART and the Seller.
The foregoing Amendment is hereby executed as of the date first above written.
ADVANCED RADIO TELECOM CORP.